We are continuing to build our knowledge and understanding, invest in infrastructure and build capabilities. Behind-the-scenes strategic efforts include:
Research-driven studies to uncover the programmatic, political and social landscape for school-based recovery efforts:
- The Assets for Building Collegiate Recovery Capacity—April, 2013
- Market Study for Recovery High Schools—September, 2013
- Thriving Quotient for Students in Recovery—2014
- Asset Framework for Community Colleges—2014
- Market Study for Youth and Family Intervention, Prevention and Recovery Support Services – 2014-2015
Investments in network platforms to connect people, ideas and resources:
- Transforming Youth Recovery is building a robust network platform, Capacitype, to serve as a vehicle for mobilizing collective action on a large scale.
- Allows activities to spread quickly without being routed through a central authority.
- Offers space for making connections among people in order to strengthen existing ties, bring new people into the fold and bridge divides.
- Enables organizers and funders to amplify their place-based efforts and connect communities that span geographies.
- Supports relationship and network analysis within and among coalitions emerging to serve youth in recovery within communities.
- All based on the discipline of community mapping to create an inventory of individual, organizational and physical assets that shape the practices of each school-based recovery effort.
Dissemination grants to provide seeds of hope, infuse energy and mobilize community-based assets to dramatically expand the footprint of youth recovery support efforts.
- The creation of toolkits to implement capacity-building activities and the promotion of a networked community of students and practitioners are to be stimulated by “seeds of hope” grant programs administered by Transforming Youth Recovery.
- Takes advantage of multiple tactics understood to advance change and garner genuine community support for local recovery support efforts.
- Includes careful evaluation to inform grant programs due to come online after completion of each areas-of-focus study.